"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Saturday 8 May 2010

DVD - Elizabethtown


Well, in keeping with my goal to watch one of my DVD's a week, this week I watched Elizabethtown, starring Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. It's pretty much a romantic comedy, with what they call Rock n Roll thrown in. I don't think it was a partcularly great film, as it did have a number of spoofy moments in that I don't really care for. I like my films to be believable. However, it does have some really great moments in it I think, I love the all night phone call, and I love the road trip, even meeting the family was mostly fun. I think this film misses out on being fantastic, even though it's a great story and idea.

I love the phrase "This is your life, let's do something interesting with it." I love anything inspirational in a film. But for a truly inspiring film featuring an uplifting life-affirming road trip, then I think you really ought to check out Into The Wild, a truly amazing film, with a much better feelgood factor, as well as a true rollercoaster ride for emotions, and one that stays memorable long after you've finished watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)