"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Monday 12 July 2010

In the Garden

Here are some photos from my garden! I love taking photos in the garden, especially when the sun is shining. I am most attracted by the flowers, insects and funnily enough, spiders too. Anything that captures my imagination and inspires me. So I wanted to share some of them with you on here!

Click any of the images below for a larger view!


This bee was fantastic, going in and out of the Foxglove petals!


Hungry Caterpillars!


This mouse was funny, I couldn't get a decent picture of him through the window, the sun was shining brightly and everything was reflecting in the glass. So I crept outside, and knowing how keenly they can hear things, I was very careful, and sneaked halfway down the garden to take the photos...


...then a bee buzzed past my ear, I duck suddenly, and the mouse runs off the bird feeder table, along the beam of wood on the fence, and freezes as if to hide against the wood of the fence - perfect photo of mouse doing trapeze acts for me! LOL!


This is all that's left of my nasturtium hanging basket!


I know it's hard to see, but this is the beginning of my French beans - where one of the flowers used to be. Makes for a beautiful picture even if you can't see it!


I love lilies, especially these yellow ones, whose seeds dry out and explode across the garden!


This bumblebee was fantastic, pausing on the French beans leaf to post for me - even moving his antenna in different poses for me!



I hope you enjoyed my photos! I have lots more to post if you do! :)

6 comments:

  1. Enhorabuena por esas preciosas fotografias, son una verdadera maravilla!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!! I am jealous you can grow alstromaria lillies- they are one of my favorite flowers! I can see your little bean- too sweet! Soon you'll be eating him! I let the caterpillars eat my garden plants if they want too- I like nature to do what it pleases :) Thanks for the garden tour- really, really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ascension! I love taking photos! I take hundreds of photos, many shaky and not good, and thankfully some hidden gems like these! :)

    ¡Gracias ascensión! ¡Amo el tomar de las fotos! ¡Tomo centenares de fotos, muchos tambaleantes y gemas no buenas, y agradecidamente las algunas ocultadas como éstos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kim! I had no idea what type of lilies they are, other than the exploding seed kind! I will have to remember they are called Alstromaria! I don't seem to have much trouble growing them, they are in a pot at the moment, as they were taking over the garden! They seem to grow well under the shade of an Apple Tree!
    I've been letting the caterpillars happily munch their way through the nasturtiums too - I've been too fascinated by them to do them any harm! They seem so sweet! :)

    So glad you enjoyed my garden tour - I will have to post more pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are just wonderful! I feel the way you do about caterpillars - some part of me doesn't like them eating my plants - but then I think they need to eat, too! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claudia, Thanks so much for visiting my blog too! :)

    The caterpillars are gorgeous! Unfortunately though, the nasturtiams have passed on and never got to flower much without being eaten, so I now have no nasturtiums... :(

    However I do have more nasturtium seed! :)

    ReplyDelete

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)