"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Sunday 18 July 2010

DVD - Step Up

Today I watched Step Up, I loved it! I felt for the characters, loved the music, and loved the fashion. I really wanna go to that school! Being an artist, I would love to jump in to the art classes you briefly get to glimpse. I loved how everyone there were pursuing their dreams, be it art, singing, making music, or dancing. I was never that dedicated when I was in school - I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do for the rest of my life at that age - who does? But I love the dedication they had, their mostly happy relaxed atmosphere there.

Here's the trailer:


My social circle has diminished since I left school and sixth form, I've changed jobs quite a lot, and haven't kept any long-term friends from there. I guess my social circle needs rebuilding! Perhaps going out and taking up lessons in something new might be a good way to make new friends? It takes courage to try something new like that, but also money, and I currently work part time. I do need to learn to manage my finances better, then maybe I can look towards doing this.

I loved the fashion I found in this movie, the main actress dresses very feminine in this movie, lots of floaty skirts over leggings, feminine tops - combinations of vests and shirts. She looked good. And what I really liked, was how she didn't have the figure of a stick insect - you could relate to her. I certainly don't have the figure of a stick insect, but I'm not obese either, I consider myself quite average in build, a little puppy fat to lose! lol! But I want to look good, and I want to dress more like a woman.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! Just stopping by to say hello and hope you are having a creative month ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Thanks, I am trying! Life does have a habit of stressing me out and stops me from getting on with my art, though I have found that art does chill me out! Art is like meditation, you focus on it to the exclusion of all other things, and you completely relaxed. I think art and creativity is good for the soul! :)

    ReplyDelete

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)