"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Scripts, Art, and Miniature Dreams!

For some reason I've been feeling down in the dumps lately. I don't know what it is but I've been letting things get on top of me, stuck on page 13 of ScriptFrenzy, seeing lots of things I need to do at once, and not really knowing where to start. After some pushing, I finally managed to make a start and get some odd jobs done and start to make a hole in my To Do List. A Big Thank You to Wendy Lu for her enthusiasm and encouragement to cheer me on with my own script, and to follow my own art and writing dreams!

First Ever Dolls House!
I've also been getting together my first ever dolls house together today! I nearly have completed an MDF kit, of a gorgeous little town house. It's starting to look like a proper house! I will post pictures soon when I manage to take them (the batteries have gone flat in my camera - charging them is another little job for me to do!). I've already started planning what I'm going to do in what room. The attic is going to be converted into a sci-fi spaceship, the ground floor will feature a wizard's flat, and the basement (which will be arriving soon), will be a place for The Borrowers! All the furniture will be made from normal size items you could find around the home. I love The Borrowers stories and TV series starring Ian Holm, Penelope Wilton and Rebecca Carlton. Just brilliant for sparking off the imagination!

2 comments:

  1. Sketching Girl. I'm so proud of you for crawling out of your mini funk. Yay!!!! For the thousands of projects that I have going, and when I get to a point of not knowing what to do, I reach into my project bowl.
    I have a cut glass bowl, I think I got flowers in it at some point. I write down my projects on slips of colored paper and put them in the bowl. When I feel like I don't know where to begin, I reach into the bowl.

    That way I don't spend precious creative time agonizing over what to do first.

    I can't wait to see your dollhouse. I've got my eye on a very small one. Like I really need another project. :)

    We'll finish our scripts together. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Thank You!
    I love the idea of writing all your creative projects down on coloured paper and picking out which one you want to do next! I love the spontaneity of it and not knowing what you're going to pick out! It sounds fun and exciting! Love it! Thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)