"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Thursday 1 April 2010

ScriptFrenzy - 3 Pages and Counting!

ScriptFrenzy has started! Woohoo, I'm 3 pages in and counting! Perhaps not the most amazing start, I have practically no plot, and only the most basic idea.

For those of you who don't know what ScriptFrenzy is, it's a challenge to write 100 pages of script in the 30 days of April. I love these challenges, as they get you to do the most difficult part of writing - they get you to actually sit down and write! It's very easy to say you want to write, and spend lots of time reading up on how to write, but to actually push yourself to sit down and actually have a go? Very difficult.

So here I am starting my third scriptfrenzy. I've given my script the working title of Time Ghosts. My script is kind of like Timecop meets The Matrix, with heroes picked from various points in time. I'm currently using a character called Raven, an agent of time from the future, who has travelled back in time to 1842, ready to save the life of one of the many soldiers who dies in Elphinstone's Army in Afghanistan.


To find out more about the history, see the Wikipedia article, the Massacre of Elphinstone's Army. I'm hoping it's going to be really good, and most of all, I'm hoping I get to finish my 100 pages before midnight on the 30th April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)