"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Sunday 4 April 2010

Catching Up - 11 Pages Now!

Having missed my 3.33 pages for ScriptFrenzy yesterday, I managed to catch up and reach 11 pages today! I am struggling with this script, as I decided to to a time travel story, I'm having to research the events I'm basing my script on, I can't just type anything and make it up, or it could be completely wrong! I am finding it fun discovering more and more about my own country's history though. I know England is at war with Afghanistan right now, but I didn't know we were at war with them back in the 1800's, why was I never taught this at school? It suddenly seems very relevant now!


I found some great images and plenty of details from this website: http://www.britishbattles.com/, it especially helps picture what it would look like, and how the soldiers were dressed, and the Afghans. I just wish I could see more what the city of Kabul looked like back then, I've read that it was simple wooden houses, but what shape they took, what would be inside, and whether they had glass or open windows, I've no idea!

If anyone can shed some light, I'd be very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)