"Whatever you are, be the best you can be."

Monday 31 January 2011

Improving My Art

I am amazed by how much my art is improving, sketching every day is making a huge difference to my art. I want to improve my art equally in all major areas. There are 7 days in a week. If I can come up with a list of 7 things to try, I can do them each week, and ensure I improve.

This idea came to me after seeing my Fashion Girl figure drawing yesterday. My figure drawing is improving much better than the last one I did. If I choose to do a figure drawing sketch once a week, my figure drawing is bound to improve. So I will make a list of the 7 different things I want to work on each week, and see where my art ends up in 3 months time. I am doing this over 12 weeks, which means 12 figure drawings - just imagine where my figure drawing will be then?

  1. Figure Drawing
    (music star, movie star, fashion model, humanoid, fantasy)

  2. Still Life
    (a stationery object or food)

  3. Animal
    (mammal, reptile, fish, bird, insect, spider)

  4. Landscape
    (greenery, trees, grass, plants, water, full natural landscape)

  5. Urban Landscape
    (buildings, parts of buildings, stone statue, street, vehicles)

  6. Sci-fi or Space scene
    (spaceship, stars, nebula, asteroid, aliens, alien technology)

  7. Colour Pencil Piece
    (any of the other 6 items in colour)

This should keep my skills up in all these areas, and I can have fun doing them. I’m looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I don't like spam!)